Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 39:49 — 54.8MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | RSS | Subscribe to Elite Agent
After 37 years operating in one the most competitive markets in the country, Bill Malouf knows a thing or two about how to be successful in real estate.
The director at Highland Double Bay has built a career around hard work, honesty and credibility, and it’s those hallmarks have seen him become a legend in the industry.
In this episode of the Elevate podcast with Elite Agent Managing Editor, Samantha McLean, Bill reveals what agents can do to forge a long and successful career and stand out from the competition.
He talks about the importance of building a client base over time and why agents must have strong product knowledge and truly listen to clients to understand their needs.
Bill also emphasises the importance of loving what you do, how to win listings when numbers are down, and how you can level up in your career.
“ If you’ve been in this industry 10 years and you are still letter box dropping and sitting down at your desk and making 100 phone calls a day, you are missing the major point. And the major point is that you should have created a client base over that period that wants to use your firm because of your honesty and the efforts that you put into the results for them.” – Bill Malouf
Sam and Bill also discuss:
- 1:50 – Bill’s move from the hotel business to real estate and the huge gap he saw in the industry.
- 4:28 – The importance of learning how to listen and not wasting people’s time.
- 6:31 – Why Bill decided to focus on the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney.
- 10:10 – How to compete against the big names in the industry in Double Bay.
- 13:07 – Why hard work and honesty should form the basis of any agent’s career to be successful.
- 16:03 – Continuing the legacy working with son David.
- 18:46 – Why the backend of an agency is just as important as how many properties you sell.
- 20:55 – Why you need to analyse your shortcomings and hire others with the skills you don’t have.
- 23:14 – What Bill believes are the common mistakes agents make that hold them back.
- 26:25 – How you can take your career to the next level.
- 31:09 – How to deal with lower listings and what you can do to boost your numbers.
- 35:09 – How to sell high-profile homes without all the attention.