This episode of the Elevate podcast is brought to you by Connect Now
The pandemic lockdown upended Australia’s real estate industry this year, but auctioneer Stu Benson is still optimistic about what’s in store for the future. Stu has been in the industry for 20 years and is the Director of Benson Auctions, servicing Sydney’s North West, and is known for his dedication to his community and his band of loyal agent clients.
A huge personality, Stu is often recognised not just for his auctioneering talents, but also for his community work, rugged good looks and engaging social media presence.
Want more from this episode?
Get access to the full episode guide, quick video tips, tools and more by joining our community or becoming a subscriber
This is Stu’s second appearance on the Elevate podcast, and this time Samantha and Stu discuss:
- How the market is tracking post-lockdown, and his predictions for the rest of 2020
- His tips for bringing energy to online auctions
- Stu’s process for working with agents and vendors in the lead-up to an auction
- Why he thinks vendors should always go to auction in the current market
- What goes on behind the scenes of his viral #VoteForStu videos
- How declaring his fitness goals on Instagram helped him walk 5kms a day for 100 days
- Stu’s love of basketball and how he gives back to the community
- Why AI is not all it’s cracked up to be just yet
- The buzzwords of 2020 and what they mean to Stu
plus much, much more.
Links and resources:
- Stu’s video entry for Auctioneer of the Year
- Dan Lee Plum Property
- Black Dog
- Beyond Blue
- Westmead Children’s Hospital – Bandaged Bear
- Hills Hornets Basketball Association – Stu’s Commentary
- Stu’s videographer Lee Phillipson
Connect with Stu:
- Connect with Stu on LinkedIn
- Benson Auctions on Facebook
- Benson Auctions on Twitter
- Benson Auctions on Instagram
- Benson Auction’s on YouTube
- Hill’s Hornets Basketball Association
- Stu’s personal Instagram, where you can follow his fitness journey