As CEO of Starr Partners, Douglas Driscoll is widely regarded as one of the industry’s pre-eminent thought leaders and is well-known for his dynamic and pioneering approach.
Originally from the UK, Doug has been at the helm of Starr Partners for 12 years and has helped the boutique real estate group to become one of the leading real estate companies in the Sydney market.
In this Trusted Agent podcast with Sean Scoffield, Doug discusses what it takes to become a leading agent in an industry where the point of difference is smaller than ever before.
He also talks about how to build genuine connections with people through authenticity and why it’s more important than being a great salesman.
If you’re a sales agent wanting to become one of the elite performers in your area then this podcast will show you how to develop yourself and your skills so you can reach the very top.
“Agents shouldn’t focus on building trust. If they operate with honesty and integrity and all these different things that are hopefully a given, trust will naturally follow.” – Douglas Driscoll
Sean and Doug also discuss:
- Why agents can’t instantly build trust and how to naturally create rapport and a connection with people that will ultimately lead to trust.
- Why there is a perceived lack of trust in sales agents and what you can do to change the perception people have about the real estate industry.
- How to win more listings by demonstrating that you are capable and committed and by avoiding self-promotion and sales tactics.
- Why there’s no point of difference in real estate anymore and how agents can stand out by being better than their competition.
- How to keep up with an ever-changing industry and the most effective way to climb to the top for a new agent starting out.
- Why people can spot the difference between someone who is authentic and someone who’s not, and why it’s more important than ever to be genuine as an agent.
- How to build a long career in real estate by starting with solid foundations that set you up for success.
- Why agents need to promote themselves in the right way, and show people the human side, not the flashy side, if you want to build authenticity and respect.
- The importance of changing yourself and your behaviour and not waiting for the world to change around you.
- How to start seeking genuine feedback and the best way to use that information to promote yourself in the most authentic way possible.
And much much more…
Links and resources mentioned
Connect with Doug Driscoll
● Starr Partners
Connect with Sean Scoffield