Every agent knows the power of a personal brand, but where do you start when it comes to defining that brand, showcasing your point of difference, and providing social proof of your professional expertise?
That’s where experts like Nicole Hatherly come in.
For more than 27 years, Nicole has been a leading brand strategist, executive coach, natural connector, storyteller and expert in helping people and businesses build their brand and reputation.
After working with big corporate brands as well as professionals and thought leaders, Nicole understands the importance of cultivating a brand and reputation and how they are critical to success in all forms of business.
In this Trusted Agent podcast with Sean Scoffield, Nicole shares her expertise on how real estate agents can actively drive the creation of their personal brand and start generating clients who are their biggest fans.
She discusses what a personal brand really is, how to take control of your own reputation as an agent, and how to shake off any negativity created by the industry.
Nicole suggests asking yourself these five questions to help make you self-aware and set you on course to build a powerful personal brand:
- Why do my clients work with me instead of other agents?
- What are my areas of expertise that I’m best known for?
- When it comes to real estate, what am I passionate about?
- Who do I love to help?
- Why did I become an agent?
She also outlines the key questions to ask your clients to get real feedback and create ‘rave reviews’.
There’s never been a better time to start building your personal brand than now, and this podcast offers the insight needed for agents seeking to build a reputation based on trust.
“Personal brand is your reputation. Brand doesn’t actually exist. Logos do and things you can touch and feel do. But brand is essentially a perception and something that is just in your heart and mind and that’s what a brand means.” – Nicole Hatherly
Sean and Nicole also discuss:
- Why personal brand is confusing, what a personal brand really is, and why is it vital for real estate agents to create their own narrative.
- How to stop selling and start creating real value that your clients will love by asking some key questions.
- What is entrenched reputation generalisation, how it’s hurting real estate agents and how to overcome it.
- What causes the breakdown in trust with real estate agents and what you can do to overcome it.
- Why agents need to stop selling and move towards being the most valuable resource they can for their clients.
- Why it’s time for agents to become self-aware and the five key questions you need to be asking both yourself and your clients.
- How agents can stop building their reputation by default and instead start driving their reputation by design.
- Why agents need to be relationship-focused and move away from a culture of sheer volume to generate business.
- How to create clients who are ‘raving fans’ who will do your marketing for you.
- The best way to approach previous clients and get perfect testimonials to help drive you and your business forward.
And much, much more…
Links and resources mentioned
Connect with Nicole
Connect with Sean Scoffield