Success often breeds more success and it’s for that reason the recognition and social capital that comes with winning awards can really separate you from your competition.
Karen Hall knows what it takes to win awards, having worked on thousands of submissions for clients leading to hundreds of award wins from a host of different industries.
Karen is the founder of 101 Things Marketing and a career marketer with over 20 years’ experience, including running marketing teams for Westpac, Virgin Money and Ray White.
In this Trusted Agent podcast with Sean Scoffield, Karen discusses what it takes to write a standout award submission that will not only get noticed by the judges but also secure you recognition and wins.
Karen outlines the steps real estate agents need to take to put together a strong application that will ultimately help you stand out from the competition and build your personal brand while creating trust with both buyers and vendors.
She also offers advice on how you can market the award, not just if you win, but throughout the entire process – from the nomination right through to the awards ceremony and beyond.
If you’ve ever thought about nominating for an award, growing your reputation and building a trusted brand within the industry and the broader community, this podcast is for you.
“Real estate agents have so many experiences to draw on and sometimes they can take for granted what they do and how they change people’s lives for the better.” – Karen Hall
Sean and Karen also discuss:
- How you can use awards to build trust and hone in on certain areas of your business that you want to be known for.
- How you can create credibility by focusing on higher-profile awards that buyers and vendors might be more familiar with.
- The key awards within the industry and beyond that can showcase your expertise to your clients.
- How to get a judge’s attention by focusing on the stories and experiences behind your submission to create a compelling read.
- Why you need to be able to back up everything you say in an awards submission and how to do that effectively by using your own statistics
- How to continually be nominated for awards by planning 12 months in advance and building your awards submission calendar.
- Why your marketing plan needs to incorporate awards submissions and the most effective way to plan out what awards you need to be nominating for.
- How to create a business within a business and build a brand by using awards as a point of difference from your competition.
- How to create a never-ending supply of social proof by repurposing your awards submission into high-quality social media content.
- The most effective way to manage the different stages of the awards process, from nomination right through to accepting the award.
And much more…
Links and resources mentioned
Connect with Karen
Connect with Sean Scoffield