16 | 09 | 16 IN BRIEF
- Is there a formula for real estate success? Mark McLeod of Ray White believes there is. While the formula is pretty simple, you are going to need to be consistent to nail it.
- The iPhone 7 is out today and one die-hard fan has had his deckchair outside the store for the last 30 hours. Apparently, the deckchair at this moment is worth more than the iPhone.
- Last night, at the Australian Publish Awards, Elite Agent Magazine won the Business Magazine of the Year Award. (We may still be celebrating a bit today!)
WHAT TO SAY WHEN…
Someone a bit younger walks into your open home this weekend
In a few years time, millennials will make up over 40 percent of buyers in Australia. Chloe Taylor has uncovered what they want in a home and in a real estate agent.
Someone says they don’t have the resources to get the job done
“Burn your boats.” If you or someone you know could do with a Friday morning rev-up, watching this Anthony Robbins classic can get anyone ready to slay the day.
TODAY’S FEATURE VIDEO:
BUILDING THE RIGHT TEAM
In real estate, when you are in the right business and the right role there is a ‘certain flow’ to your day that makes most tasks reasonably effortless.
In one of our favorite PM Transform lessons so far, Julie Davis and Neil Williams from Agent Dynamics have developed a model that answers the question of what type of real estate role and way of working suits a person best – and why many principals make similar mistakes when recruiting.
[Next Week: 7 things top principals are doing to achieve great results]
If you are looking for some light reading this weekend, here is a list of 21 Business Books worth reading at least once a year.
TOP 10 ON ELITE AGENT THIS WEEK
- How to Beat Call Reluctance – Jet Xavier
- Real Estate Social Media Report Card – Newsroom
- 5 Tips on How to Survive Your First Month in Real Estate – Maree Quinn
- Closing The Airbnb Loophole – Lisa Jemmeson
- Agent Finder Websites ‘A Raw Deal’, says First National’s Ray Ellis -Newsroom
- Why ‘No Sale No Charge’ is Not the Best Idea – Staff Writer
- 7 Steps to Improving Your Confidence – Tanja M Jones
- Purplebricks Launches in Australia – Newsroom
- The Now Generation – Alex Ouwens and Nathan Casserly – Samantha McLean
- The New Real Estate Business Model – Kylie Davis