With nearly 20 years of real estate experience and an MBA under his belt, Adrian Wilson is a multi-award-winning real estate agent who is now conquering the Sydney City apartment market via his new venture Ayre Real Estate, an agency that is specialising in high-rise apartments.
In this interview, Adrian discusses the rewards and challenges of setting up a new business, why Adrian has chosen a niche over generalising, and how he plans to solidify his positioning in this new market through his agency’s branding and marketing.
“If you look at a lot of top agents, they will almost always have a niche. For some of them it’s a price point. For some of them it’s a suburb or suburbs, for some it’s a demographic or a segment of the community. For us – we’re hoping to grow (our niche) in the apartment space. Now that’s not to say that we won’t look after clients that have all various types of properties – we are real estate agents at the end of the day. But certainly to have a niche, and a strength, and a real positioning in the market I think will set us in good stead for the future…Adrian Wilson, Ayre Real Estate
Some topics that were discussed include:
- Why Adrian has chosen a niche over generalising
- How he plans to leverage this niche from a branding and marketing perspective
- The differences between building a business as an agent ‘in momentum’ vs building a brand from the ground up
- How the brand came about
- Building a team
- Creating a marketing plan consistent with the new brand
- The challenges in creating a new business
- The types of real estate businesses that will succeed in the future