How in tune are your body and brain right now – would you consider yourself to be fit for life – or what Andrew May would call being ‘Match Fit’?
If this is something aspirational for you this year, this podcast is for you.
As one of the world’s leading strategists on wellbeing, workplace performance and leadership, Andrew May thrives on helping others reach their full potential.
Andrew has helped multiple Olympic athletes achieve peak performance in a range of sports and has become the trusted coach and confidante of numerous CEOs, Senior Execs and other elite performers.
He has written two books – Flip the Switch – and the soon to be released Match Fit.
In this podcast, Andrew talks about the road to becoming match fit for 2020, along with practical tips and tactics based on science to help you perform better this year – including why you sometimes need to give your brain a rest!
Some of the topics we discussed include:
- How taking ‘fat blokes for walks’ turned into becoming an elite personal trainer and peak performance coach
- The importance of balancing working hard with recovery time, including why slowing down isn’t a weakness
- How interval training helps strengthen certain pathways in the body that can improve your mental performance
- How to calculate your current ‘match fit’ score
- Why leaders sometimes need to ‘eat first’ to be able to truly influence others
- Tips on how to reduce stress including the importance of self-regulation and accountability
- Why creating space in your mind is vital to doing more and being successful
- Andrews recommendations for the ideal day, including breakfast of champions, performance carbs, cuddle time and ‘building in boredom’ – all necessary to perform at your peak…
- Plus much much more
Connect with Andrew May:
- Website: https://andrewmay.com
- LinkedIn: https://au.linkedin.com/in/andrewmay2
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andrewmay/?hl=en Twitter: https://twitter.com/andrewmay?lang=en.