If you could chart the ideal real estate sales career, what would it look like? How could you go from rookie to established agent, then build a team, become a top performer and perhaps step into your own business? And what challenges would you face along the way?
In this episode of the Elevate Podcast, Dan Argent joins podcast producer Cassandra Charlesworth to map the lifecycle of an agent, walking through each step of the professional journey, including the skills required, the hurdles that need to be overcome, and the top tips on getting to the next stage.
Drawing on 20-years of industry experience as a high-performing agent and also his insight as the founder of UrbanX, Dan looks at how to get quickly established, the ways to differentiate yourself in a competitive market, and when and how to build a team.
He analyses the traits of top-performers, and provides insight into what you should consider if you want to go out on your own.
In a podcast that’s relevant to any agent at any stage of their career, Dan draws on personal experience to outline the challenges many agents face at each stage of the real estate journey and looks at how to overcome them.
He discusses time management, avoiding distractions, offers some great tips on marketing and finding your unique selling proposition, then looks at the best ways to build a team and how they can help take you to the next level.
Dan also provides an insight into going out on your own, discussing when it’s the right time to go into business for yourself, and how to decide which real estate model might be right for you.
He takes a deep-dive into the things that may hold you back and discusses why it’s imperative not to let fear get in the way of success.
This is an episode all about expediting the ideal real estate career, including the pifalls to avoid, the essential skills to embrace, and the thinking and techniques that will take you where you want to go.
“Fear is the number one inhibitor to growth… it might stop you from getting into real estate, it might stop you from hiring a PA. It might stop you from investing in marketing, it might stop you from going out on your own. These are all things that are the keys to growth and fear can stop you from doing them… be self-aware enough to acknowledge that this is scary, but I’m going to do it anyway because I’m making a logical decision as to why this is better.” Dan Argent.
Dan and Cassandra also discuss:
- How to get started, including who to work with, what skills to master and how to find your feet in a competitive industry.
- How to get quickly established as an agent in your own right, including tips on building a niche and creating a unique selling proposition.
- What to do to go from established agent to top-performer, including marketing techniques to help you stand out from the crowd.
- When to build a team, how to weigh up the investment in staff, and the real value that having a team around you can offer.
- How to stay focused on your career goals and avoid distractions, including techniques to build on your existing momentum.
- Whether stepping into your own business is the right decision for you, how to know when you’re ready, and how to choose the business model that suits you best.
- The best ways to avoid burnout in a business that’s competitive, including strategies to help you maintain the work/life balance.
- Why fear can be the biggest inhibitor to growth at all stages of the real estate journey and how to overcome it.
And much, much more…
Links and resources mentioned
Dan Argent on Elite Agent
- If you want to grow your business, there is only one option for you
- Why your fears are causing you to fail
- Five lessons from 15 years in business
- Seven steps to launch your business
Connect with Dan