At REIWA’s 100th Annual General Meeting, held at Fraser’s Restaurant in Kings Park on Tuesday, Hayden Groves announced he would be finishing his three-year term as President on Thursday 4 October.
Mr Groves, who will remain on the REIWA Council, was elected as President in 2015, having served on the Council since 2010.
“The past three years have been extremely rewarding and I thank the Council and REIWA members for entrusting me with the role over the past three years.
“My tenure as President has marked a very challenging time for the WA property market. We’ve seen state migration slow, less demand from buyers and tenants, increased stock levels and subdued transactional activity.
“Somewhat unusually, no sector of the market has been spared the malaise, although tenants and buyers have benefited from improved affordability. Thankfully the worst appears to be behind us and I am hopeful a recovery is on the horizon.
“I look forward to continuing my service on REIWA’s Council, confident we will continue to build on all that REIWA has achieved over the past 100 years,” Mr Groves said.
The AGM also saw the results of the ballot for Council positions announced, with all four renominating Councillors returned to their positions.
REIWA’s Council includes:
- Suzanne Brown (Rentwest) [Re-elected]
- Damian Collins (Momentum Wealth)
- Hayden Groves (Dethridge Groves)
- Lisa Joyce (Joyce Property Investments)
- Peter Lawrance (Avanti Residential) [Re-elected]
- Brett Thorp (Thorp Realty)
- Rory Trotter (Force Real Estate) [Re-elected]
- Krys Tully (Tully Real Estate) [Re-elected]
- Joe White (JMW Real Estate)
Council will elect office bearers, including the new REIWA President, when they meet on Thursday.