The annual REINSW Women in Real Estate (WIRE) conference will return for its 13th year on 26 March, with registrations open now. The conference brings together women across the industry and well-known local and international speakers for a day of professional development and personal motivation.
WIRE 2019 will be held on 26 March at the Art Gallery of NSW. The event aims to inspire women in the male-oriented real estate industry and change the gender-imbalanced landscape. The day will consist of sessions featuring speakers who will share their stories of inspiration ranging from the personal to the practical, and a networking lunch. REINSW President Leanne Pilkington will be the MC on the day.
This year, attendees will hear from prominent speakers including:
- Former actress-turned-property-indemnity-insurance expert Louisette Geiss who left the entertainment industry following a negative experience and is now a face of the #MeToo movement, and is an advocate for justice in the Weinstein case and women’s rights;
- Ewan Morton, co-founder and joint managing director of real estate company Morton – multiple finalists and winners of REINSW Awards for Excellence;
- Agent and founder of Good Deeds Property Buyers, Veronica Morgan, who is also the co-host of Location, Location, Location Australia;
- Award-winning Belle Property principal, Cathy Baker; and
- REA Group executive manager of residential marketing and events, Gina McCartney.
REINSW president Leanne Pilkington says: “There are many women in our industry who are incredibly successful and accomplished – who don’t go looking for the spotlight. They often don’t receive the acknowledgement and praise they deserve, but events like these shine a light on their achievements and encourage others to step outside their comfort zone and challenge themselves.
WIRE 2019 will be held on Tuesday, 26 March 2019 at the Art Gallery of NSW from 7.15am. Register for the event from 31 January 2019 here.