Just 10 years ago Vivien Yap was in a different career and only ever intended to take on real estate as a hobby.
Fast forward to today and she is now Western Australia’s number one and most high profile sales agent, as well as being on track to become Ray White’s leading agent this year.
In this interview with Ray White Group Head of Performance, Tim Snell, Vivien reveals how she was able to climb to the top in the high-end, luxury Perth market after coming into the industry with few connections and a limited understanding of how to succeed.
She also explains how she drove new businesses and marketed property in a tough Western Australian market, where prices stagnated for the better part of a decade.
If you’re looking to become a top-performing agent or break into the industry, this interview will show you exactly what steps to take to get there.
“I have a very patient ambition. With a bit of passion and a bit of ambition, it will always drive you to success, no matter how you define success.” – Vivien Yap
Tim and Vivien also discuss:
- The importance of knowing the different personalities of agents in your area so you can differentiate yourself from the crowd.
- How to win a listing against experienced agents who have established relationships with vendors.
- Why understanding the right sales process is key to getting the best result for your vendor.
- How to use your agency network to generate more buyers from around the country.
- How a stylist can make a huge difference to your marketing and why it can dramatically impact the final sale price.
- How to deal with the demands of high-net-worth buyers and sellers while managing your time efficiently.
- How analysing the market and the different sales processes can make you the agent of choice.
- The importance of working with buyers’ advocates and conjunctional agents, and how it can help market properties more effectively.
- How to manage work and family with the time sensitivities of a top-performing real estate agent.