Presenter and former TV producer, Maz Farrelly, explains what it takes to build your brand in real estate, how to change the way people look at you and how to market your business in the current environment.
Former TV and film producer Maz Farrelly has spent her career profiling, talking to and understanding people. She knows what it takes to make an impact and stand out from the crowd.
In this episode of the Elevate podcast with Elite Agent Managing Editor, Samantha McLean, Maz reveals how you can make a great first impression if you get your fashion choices and body language right.
She reveals the power of smiling, how it drastically changes the way people perceive you and gives you the potential to earn more than those who don’t smile as much.
Maz also explains to know what type of vendor you’re dealing with, the importance of your personal brand and how to market your business like a Netflix ad.
“I won’t say lucky because I think you make your own luck, but I don’t think when you’re successful, it’s been lucky. I think it’s hard work and opportunity.” – Maz Farrelly
Sam and Maz also discuss:
- 3:45 – Appearances matter – how to make a great first impression.
- 6:34 – Why you need to be referable.
- 7:31 – Working with Mark Bouris.
- 13:40 – The power of smiling and laughing when meeting people.
- 16:47 – Real estate’s reality TV moment and how to know what room you’re walking into.
- 20:08 – What sets your brand apart in real estate?
- 23:27 – How to run a marketing campaign in the current environment.
- 26:30 – The importance of marketing your business like a Netflix ad.
- 34:51 – Why you should always try to be kind to others.