The Real Estate Institute of Queensland has recognised its outstanding achievers, shining a spotlight on the Queensland real estate industry’s top performers at the 2020 REIQ Awards for Excellence.
The REIQ Awards for Excellence are an annual all-encompassing awards program that encourage and promote excellence, leadership, best practice and innovation, representing Queensland’s premier real estate industry awards.
Taking out this year’s win for REIQ Residential Salesperson of the Year Award, Brett Andreassen of Plum Property in Toowong has led this year’s REIQ Awards for Excellence where real estate professionals gathered to recognise the elite in their industry.
As an eight-time finalist and former winner (2015) of this same category, the accolade sealed the deal for Mr Andreassen as the industry’s top residential real estate performer for excellence across professional achievements, customer service and contributions to the profession.
Mr Andreassen has lived and breathed Brisbane’s inner western suburbs real estate market for over 13 years, moving to the top of the profession in just a short time frame.
His incredible work ethic is backed by hundreds of raving reviews, a further testament to his customer service skills and product knowledge.
While increasing sales and market presence over the last 12 months, Andreassen has also focussed on personal goals, further refining his skills in public speaking and video presentation, while also working with a personal trainer.
Meanwhile, it was also a record-breaking fifth title win for REIQ Auctioneer of the Year, Justin Nickerson from Apollo Auctions, Brisbane.
In addition to receiving an award, Mr Nickerson led this year’s REIQ Awards for Excellence real estate professionals as they gathered to recognise the elite in their industry at the Brisbane Royal International Convention Centre.
Mr Nickerson has previously won REIQ Auctioneer of the Year in 2013, 2016, 2017 and 2018, with this year’s win cementing his position as Queensland’s leading auctioneer.
2020 REIQ AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE WINNERS
- Auctioneer of the Year: Justin Nickerson – Apollo Auctions (Brisbane)
- Best Media Report: Mikaela Day – Gold Coast Bulletin (News Corp)
- Business Broker of the Year: Dustin Slypen – Link Business (Brisbane)
- Business Development Manager of the Year: Jamie-Lee Billerwell – Code Property Group (Birtinya) Buyers Agency of the Year: Propertyology (Brisbane)
- Buyers Agent of the Year: Matt Reeves – Your Property Hound (Brisbane)
- Commercial Agency of the Year: Raine & Horne Commercial Brisbane Southside
- Commercial Property Manager of the Year: Alana Johnston – Colliers International Brisbane
- Commercial Salesperson of the Year: Hunter Higgins – Colliers International Brisbane
- Community Service (Agency): Wythes Real Estate (Cooroy)
- Community Service (Individual): Carla Haddan – Place Estate Agents Bulimba
- Corporate Support Person of the Year: Debra Aleckson – Wythes Real Estate (Cooroy)
- Industry Innovation Award: RiTA by AiRE
- Franchise or Cooperative Office of the Year: Colliers International Sunshine Coast
- Large Residential Agency of the Year: Laguna Real Estate (Gympie)
- Medium Residential Agency of the Year: Solutions Property Management North Lakes
- Regional Residential Agency of the Year: Kingsberry Harcourts (Townsville)
- Small Residential Agency of the Year: Xperience Realty (Toowong)
- Regional Salesperson of the Year: Johnathon Merton – Laguna Real Estate (Gympie)
- Residential Property Manager of the Year: Tamara Weight – Kingsberry Harcourts (Townsville)
- Residential Salesperson of the Year: Brett Andreassen – Plum Property (Toowong)
- Young Professional of the Year: Patrick Ivey – Harcourts Property Centre (Coorparoo)