realcommercial.com.au has launched Australia’s first commercial property app for iPad, enabling the 185,000 people searching for commercial property on the site a month to have a seamless tablet experience.
Chief Product Officer at REA Group Henry Ruiz said the app was developed in response to Australians increasingly accessing the site on the go.
“We found that people were searching the desktop version of our site on their tablets 95 per cent more than they were last year. This, coupled with the fact that our iPhone app and tablet usage now accounts for 30 per cent of our traffic, led us to develop a dedicated app for iPad experience,” Mr Ruiz said.
People searching realcommercial.com.au across a variety of screens and devices is not unique to the property industry. In fact, it reflects a larger multi-screen phenomenon sweeping the online habits of Australians.
According to Google, 90% of people use multiple screens sequentially to accomplish a task over time, and 9% of us move between devices the same day.
“Our new app for iPad was developed with Australians’ multi-screen behaviour in mind. Commercial property seekers can now start a search on one device and pick it up on another, allowing for a convenient and seamless search experience,” Mr Ruiz said.
Commercial properties are showcased in a grid-like view on the app for iPad, making it easy to browse them on the go.
Benefits of the realcommercial.com.au app for iPad:
- Grid view search results: gives clients a more inviting, visual way to discover new properties.
- Full page Property Details Page: view important information about the property details in full screen iPad.
- Go to other Property Details Pages with a simple swipe of the screen/finger.
- Save any property you’re interested in on your iPad to refer back to later on.
- Easy to use interface so you can search and refine properties simply and quickly.