The OBrien Real Estate Foundation was first created in June this year with the purpose of supporting local charities.
OBrien is a strong supporter of local communities and believes giving back is extremely important. The OBrien Foundation was created with a view to take this support to the next step, so the whole team could work together to improve the lives of people in the local communities.
The Foundation raises money through a donation of $50 from every sale that is made throughout the group of its 26 offices, alongside direct funding for specific causes.
Since July 2018, the Foundation has donated over $65,078.22 to the following charity organisations:
- In July a group of OBrien Real Estate Staff Members slept out in the cold at St Kilda Beach to raise funds for Father Chris Riley’s Youth off the Streets – Real Estate Sleep Out. The money raised will assist homeless youth around Australia with safe housing & supporting them through their next steps of growth.
- In August the foundation assisted an OBrien Real Estate client diagnosed with MND taking on her final wish – completing the City2Surf. The team pushed Leanne all 14km’s & raised much-needed awareness for the debilitating disease.
- Early September a crew of OBrien Real Estate took on the Kokoda Trail Challenge – The funds raised went towards purchasing much-needed items to assist those affected by MND in Victoria e.g. reclining beds, wheelchairs, breathing machines.
- OBrien also showed support for the OBRE Foundation by auctioning off items for a young girl with Angelman Syndrome at a charity auction. Angelman Syndrome is a complex genetic disorder that primarily affects the nervous system. She will need constant assistance for the rest of her life.
- Dogs for Kids with Disabilities is a not for profit organisation based in Victoria, Australia. Their assistance and companion dogs improve the lives of children and young adults who face a range of challenges (including physical disabilities, intellectual disabilities and autism spectrum disorders). The funds donated to DKD will go towards the training of these wonderful dogs.
- The OBrien Real Estate cycling club, the ‘Pesky Peddlers’, raised money for their The Around The Bay in A Day Event on the 7th of October, riding their bikes a tremendous 210km. The funds raised have gone towards The Variety Bikes for Kids Program that provides freedom, independence and joy to disadvantaged children in Australia through the provision of a bike.
- Golfing legend Jarrod Lyle’s charitable organisation of choice is Challenge Supporting Kids with Cancer which deliver practical, personalised services of exceptional quality to ensure that children and families living with cancer are well supported throughout their cancer journey.
- Mums Supporting Families In Need is a Mornington Peninsula-based Charity believing no child should go without essentials, they provide quality second-hand material aid such as cots, bassinettes, car seats and prams for babies; Clothing, shoes, linen and new toiletries for all ages as well as toys, books, etc. The funds donated will go towards purchasing more items to assist these families.
- The Holmesglen Run for Change Event that raises funds & awareness for family violence & bullying. Holmesglen’s program ensures safe housing, support & free education for children in need.