This week’s (week ending 11 September, 2016) preliminary auction clearance rate is down slightly from last week’s clearance rate of 77.1 percent, which was the highest clearance rate recorded for the year to date. At the same time last year, the clearance rate was 71.2 percent.
So far this week, 1,682 capital city auction results have been reported to CoreLogic.
- The number of homes taken to auction was up slightly to 2,026 compared to the 1,899 auctions held last week and 2,654 one year ago.
- The preliminary clearance rate of 77.1% is higher than the previous week’s result of 76.4 and up from last year, when the preliminary clearance rate was recorded at 74.5 per cent.
- At the same time last year the clearance rate was 71.2%
Preliminary clearance rates in each state:
- Melbourne – 826 auctions, clearance rate up 78.7% (LW 830 auctions 79.3% clearance)
- Sydney – 720 auctions, clearance rate up 80.0% (LW 747 auctions 80.7% clearance)
- Brisbane – 148 auctions, 72 results reported so far 55.6% preliminary clearnance (up from 52.2% last week)
- Adelaide – 88 auctions, 76.7% clearance rate
- Perth – 28 auctions, 14 results reported so far, preliminary clearance rate 34.8%
- Canberra – 60 results captured, 78.2% clearance (highest this year so far)
- Tasmania – 4 auctions, 0 sales.