As the Director of First National Byron Bay, Chris Hanley knows what it takes to create a successful business and to lead a successful team with a flourishing culture and generous market share.
A tribal elder and leader among leaders of the real estate industry, Chris lives and guides others by the central tenet that ‘Good Works’, because it does. He has also won the respect of his own community in receiving Byron Shire’s Citizen of The Year award and has been awarded an Order of Australia Medal for his contributions to literature and indigenous education.
When it comes to a passion for real estate, Mark Earle is renowned for his unwavering commitment and his unyielding motivation to succeed. Headhunted into real estate at an early age, Mark’s desire to lead the way in his chosen profession is clear.
A director of Marshall White Brighton since 2011 and an accomplished real estate professional, Kate Strickland is positioned at the forefront of Marshall White’s training and leadership program.
In her past career as an elite athlete, Kate played softball for Australia on 143 occasions and represented Victoria in a multitude of sports.Kate gives no less than 100 per cent in every endeavour, and the same level of energy that she has devoted to her sporting and business career is now channelled to helping people achieve their real estate goals.
Ben Faulks entered the real estate industry in 2010, opening a Ray White office without having ever sold a house before. Since that time Ben has reached the threshold of becoming a million-dollar agent, and over the last three years has stepped back from selling and grown his team from three to over 50 – now the largest individual agency in the ACT.
This video is part of a series and covers
- Introduction and overview of panelists’ businesses and background
- Why be a leader in real estate where it’s easy to be a follower, listing and making sales
- Views on managing younger people
- Why they decided to transition from listing and selling to running the business
- What their typical day looks like, their company structure and what they’re working on each day.
- How they recruit and their work culture
- Team retention and why sales agents stay with them for a long time.
- Leadership lessons learned over time in real estate as leaders
- The good bits about being a leader